What are the best colours for your home according to Vastu Shastra?
It is a proven fact that colours can affect the psychology of a person. The ancient science of architecture, Vastu Shastra states that specific colours stimulate different emotions. Home is a place where we spend most of our times, it is essential we choose the colours wisely to have a balanced, happy, and healthy life.
The significance of colours:
Each colour holds different meaning and has different effect on us. What one colour may have an impact on someone might not have the same impact on someone else. However, this is very rare. The colours have a universal meaning altogether.
Let us have a look what these colours signify:
- Red Colour: It is a bold colour. It represents passion, bravery, strong emotions, action, aggressiveness, warmth, energy, and vibrancy. You can add shades of red where you want warmth and passion. We should avoided if a person suffers from anxiety or depression as it can lead to more stress.
- Blue Colour: Sky and water represents the colour blue. It signifies beauty, tranquillity, contentment, devotion, and truth. This colour also helps in reducing and healing pain.
- Green Colour: Growth, nature, relaxation, fertility, abundance, prosperity, positive energy, re-creation are the attributes that represents the colour green. It also helps in calming the temper and helps soothe the mood.
- White Colour: It signifies purity, cleanliness, openness, innocence, simplicity, and luxury.
- Yellow Colour: It represents happiness, positive thoughts, optimism, illumination, intelligence, wealth, and concentration.
- Orange Colour: Orange colour characterizes pride, determination, goals, communication, good health, vivacity, warmth, action, energy, comfort, and ease.
- Brown Colour: it represents satisfaction, contentment, comfort, stability, and earth element.
- Purple Colour: it is the colour of the riches, graciousness, self-respect, and poise.
Colours guidelines as per home section:
Ancient science points out that specific colour should be used as per particular rooms, direction, and size.
Ideally, the master bedroom should be in a south-west direction and hence, blue will be the perfect colour.
Guest room/ drawing room:
North-west is the best place for the guest room/ drawing room and hence, a guest room in this direction therefore, white colour will suit the best.
North-west is the best place for rooms for children who are growing up and go out for study purposes. As the moon governs the north-west direction, hence, we should go with the white colour.
The south-east zone is ideal for kitchens and hence, the walls of the kitchen should be painted with orange or red colour.
North-west is the best place for bathroom and hence, the bathroom should be painted with white colour.
Ideally, the hall should be in the north-east or north-west direction and hence, should be painted yellow or white.
Home exterior colour:
The exterior colour of the house, should be based on its owners. Colours, such as yellowish-white or off-white or light mauve or orange, can suit to people of all Rashis.